FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food – Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training
Assure safe food production and compliancy to FSMA requirements by providing the necessary training to your Food Safety staff.
Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training
4 Day – Live Virtual Course
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk‐based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation is intended to ensure safe manufacturing, processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual.” This course, developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA. Successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI).” At the completion of the course, participants will receive certificates that affirm PCQI training was obtained by trainers who are Lead Instructors for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course. This four-day virtual course is focused on the food safety activities and documentation that support the development and implementation of a Preventive Controls Food Safety Plan.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will have the knowledge and tools to:
- Describe the components of a Preventive Controls Food Safety Plan
- Recognize the importance of prerequisite programs in a food safety system
- Describe biological, chemical, and physical hazards
- Conduct a hazard analysis and identify hazards requiring a preventive control
- Identify essential preventive controls for those hazards
- Discuss allergen preventive controls requirements including accurate labeling and the prevention of allergen cross-contact
- Discuss the role of sanitation preventive controls including monitoring, corrections, and verification methods
- Identify supplier management and verification requirements
- Explain the elements of a recall plan
- Identify and implement the elements of verification and validation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This PCQI training course developed by FSPCA is for food safety professionals at manufacturing and corporate locations who are either responsible for or participating in the development, implementation, and management of facility Food Safety Plans. Attendees should have a fundamental knowledge of Food Safety having had previous GMP, HACCP, or academic training
Participants will only be eligible for the FSPCA Participant Certificate of Training if they are present for all modules of the course as confirmed by the Lead Instructor or course monitor. Participant attendance and engagement will be monitored.
The course is conducted using a Teams virtual training platform. You will need your own laptop with speakers and a webcam. The webcam is used to interact with the group and for group activities. The camera must be on throughout the course. Headphones are suggested.
For more information on PCQI training offered by Deibel Laboratories, Including on-site courses and course registration, please contact Sales at Sales@DeibelLabs.com (847-329-9900).